Skip to main content

Star.

Star.

Ulises Vargas 

February 14, 2025.


I won’t stagger over nothing;

won’t stutter for nobody. 

Can’t shake me down;

Can’t size me up. 


Real upper-echelon:

your bummy friends 

don’t see how we do it here. 


Some designer dresses me, 

and some god possesses me. 

Some girl despises me, 

but her friends desire me. 


Dazzling ice everywhere; 

dancing eyes lost in the sight. 


Stylish. 

Elegant.

Drowning. 


Heaven-sent, 

and god wept. 


Not a man, but a master–

making plays like Oscarly actors. 


Here in theory, 

but I seem off in another galaxy. 


Take and they miss. 

Make hits like swish. 


A life you don’t know; 

A life you need. 


Come here. 

I know you want to. 


If you haven’t already, 

then you can fall for me now–

fall for my stardom. 


Wish upon the shooting star, 

and maybe I’ll align the night

so you may be a star, too. 


You used to dream of me, 

then dreamed when you met me. 


Wouldn't you like 

to live in a dream, too? 


Come here. 

I know you want to. 


Bite the apple. 

Savor its thirsted sweetness.  


A star. 

More gracious than it all. 

Not even galaxies apart  

would your light ever 

shine brighter than mine. 


Popular posts from this blog

One hundred selves.

One hundred selves.  Ulises Vargas  November 29, 2025.  Liars. All of us are liars.  Don’t try to lie and say that you’re not a liar, either.  Let me ask you: does everyone in your life know the same stories as each other? Do they all know the same person, or have you shaped their perspective of you?  Does your mother know the travesties you’ve committed?  Does your lover know your daydreams and fantasies?  Do your colleagues know how you party?  No–no to all of those questions.  Yet, each one of them supposedly knows you.  Each one of them is wrong,  because you lie to each one of them.  They all think that they have you solved; they all think that they know the real you.  To one hundred people,  there are one hundred versions of yourself.  Are any of them real? Is it really the same person who makes those one hundred selves,  or is each self a whole different person?  Regardless, how, then, can o...

Frosted Cocaine.

                                                                    Frosted Cocaine. Ulises Vargas January 2, 2024.  Cocaine, take away the pain.  Feel that icy blizzard like hard rain.  Pick me up from sadness and take me away.  I have nothing to gain but happiness,  Everything to lose and descend into madness.  But today, take the pain away.  Numb my face like a glass mask.  Use your power to cover and glaze the past.  Give me life, for every dollar I spend.  Give me life, for every wound you mend.  Save me from insanity,  And bring me to serenity.  Finding peace, piece by piece.

Kingdom Come.

Kingdom Come. Ulises Vargas December 10, 2024.  To Sophia.  Everytime you cry, I don’t know how to react.  Teach me to talk back, a response that isn’t black.  Teach me to sound like I care, like I want to be fair.  I want to be your breath of fresh air,  Not the hate you’re shown everywhere.  So show your face on camera,  Even if a tear streams down your cheek.  You’re not weak, never in my eyes.  I see you’re devastated and want to die,  Let me in so I may help inside.  Feel my heart beat on the inside.  I know you think I cheat, I lie.  But truly, I want what’s best for you.  For the sake of us as one.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.  Thy take a breath, thy will see the better.  There’s more to life than cutting, burning, poisoning.  There’s more to crying, hurting, feeling.  I wish you saw what I saw,  The beauty whe...