Skip to main content

Give Me Your Blessing To Leave You.

 

Give Me Your Blessing To Leave You. 

Ulises Vargas

November 2, 2025. 


Never, has someone been so right for me 

Yet, never, could we work out romantically 

No one approves of us together 

Not one person knows how we feel for another 

Nothing is in our favor, except for each other 

And what good is that? 


Mountains won’t move for us;

People won’t change to accept us; 

Thinking of you just isn’t enough 

I can’t love an imaginary lover as a spouse 

Those things I dream of are but dreams 

I’ve forgotten the feel of your lips:

I don’t know if I want to forget, or not;

To resign and fold, or to believe in fantasies 


I love you, and I might never stop 

Neither choice is easy to make

Please, make it easy for us 

Please, don’t fight too much 

Give me your blessing to leave you 

Please, my love, I know how badly it hurts 

Please, my love, don’t remind me of what I’m asking 

Give me your blessing to leave you 


I don’t want it to end like this,

Though I see no other option 

I wanted to die alongside you, 

Not solely with the thought of you;

Though, tell me, my love:

How realistic is it that we’d make it all that way? 

How real are our fantasies, versus hard lines? 


I can’t hold your hand, because I know I’ll miss it 

I won’t look you in the eye, because my love will miss me 

I’ll never forget the times we shared together 

I won’t get more attached to a doomed love 

I can’t let myself fall deeper for a cruel dream 

I still love you, and I wish it wasn’t so 

Darling, this is against my will 

Please, make it easy for us 

Give me your blessing to leave you 


Popular posts from this blog

One hundred selves.

One hundred selves.  Ulises Vargas  November 29, 2025.  Liars. All of us are liars.  Don’t try to lie and say that you’re not a liar, either.  Let me ask you: does everyone in your life know the same stories as each other? Do they all know the same person, or have you shaped their perspective of you?  Does your mother know the travesties you’ve committed?  Does your lover know your daydreams and fantasies?  Do your colleagues know how you party?  No–no to all of those questions.  Yet, each one of them supposedly knows you.  Each one of them is wrong,  because you lie to each one of them.  They all think that they have you solved; they all think that they know the real you.  To one hundred people,  there are one hundred versions of yourself.  Are any of them real? Is it really the same person who makes those one hundred selves,  or is each self a whole different person?  Regardless, how, then, can o...

Frosted Cocaine.

                                                                    Frosted Cocaine. Ulises Vargas January 2, 2024.  Cocaine, take away the pain.  Feel that icy blizzard like hard rain.  Pick me up from sadness and take me away.  I have nothing to gain but happiness,  Everything to lose and descend into madness.  But today, take the pain away.  Numb my face like a glass mask.  Use your power to cover and glaze the past.  Give me life, for every dollar I spend.  Give me life, for every wound you mend.  Save me from insanity,  And bring me to serenity.  Finding peace, piece by piece.

Kingdom Come.

Kingdom Come. Ulises Vargas December 10, 2024.  To Sophia.  Everytime you cry, I don’t know how to react.  Teach me to talk back, a response that isn’t black.  Teach me to sound like I care, like I want to be fair.  I want to be your breath of fresh air,  Not the hate you’re shown everywhere.  So show your face on camera,  Even if a tear streams down your cheek.  You’re not weak, never in my eyes.  I see you’re devastated and want to die,  Let me in so I may help inside.  Feel my heart beat on the inside.  I know you think I cheat, I lie.  But truly, I want what’s best for you.  For the sake of us as one.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.  Thy take a breath, thy will see the better.  There’s more to life than cutting, burning, poisoning.  There’s more to crying, hurting, feeling.  I wish you saw what I saw,  The beauty whe...