Skip to main content

A pity, and dreadfully stubborn.

A pity, and dreadfully stubborn. 

Ulises Vargas 

November 27, 2025.


Is there a set number of experiences which one person can live in a lifetime—

a universal and set holding of experiences for everyone?

No, of course not. Some people experience more than others:

they take life as a challenge to play, explore, and discover. 


Then, there’s some people with age, but without appropriate experience.

Experience is not equal; not every lifetime lives as much life: 

One person’s two months of experiences, development, and activity 

is another’s three days full of adventure. 


How pitiful, those who live once a week and not at all. 

How pitiful, when they become envious of the ambitious superstar, 

wishing that they could trade lives. 

How pitiful, when they die and leave behind only a short memoir

at a lone and quiet funeral. 


Yet, still more pitiful, 

is how they chose to live that way

and then died that way. 


Was this the best that they could do? 

Since the beginning, had they no chance to live—

to live like a superstar? 

No, of course not. They had choices to make.


They had opportunities to try—try anything at all. 

They left the ambition to others, as if hypothesizing themselves

that any experiment—whatever novelty it be—

is too gruesome, too impossible, and too fruitless.  


They were no fun. 

They wasted their opportunities, 

and didn’t bother making more for themselves. 


Grieve their shelled existence 

with little to no words,

except that their whole story 

is a cautionary tale against caution. 


Popular posts from this blog

One hundred selves.

One hundred selves.  Ulises Vargas  November 29, 2025.  Liars. All of us are liars.  Don’t try to lie and say that you’re not a liar, either.  Let me ask you: does everyone in your life know the same stories as each other? Do they all know the same person, or have you shaped their perspective of you?  Does your mother know the travesties you’ve committed?  Does your lover know your daydreams and fantasies?  Do your colleagues know how you party?  No–no to all of those questions.  Yet, each one of them supposedly knows you.  Each one of them is wrong,  because you lie to each one of them.  They all think that they have you solved; they all think that they know the real you.  To one hundred people,  there are one hundred versions of yourself.  Are any of them real? Is it really the same person who makes those one hundred selves,  or is each self a whole different person?  Regardless, how, then, can o...

Frosted Cocaine.

                                                                    Frosted Cocaine. Ulises Vargas January 2, 2024.  Cocaine, take away the pain.  Feel that icy blizzard like hard rain.  Pick me up from sadness and take me away.  I have nothing to gain but happiness,  Everything to lose and descend into madness.  But today, take the pain away.  Numb my face like a glass mask.  Use your power to cover and glaze the past.  Give me life, for every dollar I spend.  Give me life, for every wound you mend.  Save me from insanity,  And bring me to serenity.  Finding peace, piece by piece.

Kingdom Come.

Kingdom Come. Ulises Vargas December 10, 2024.  To Sophia.  Everytime you cry, I don’t know how to react.  Teach me to talk back, a response that isn’t black.  Teach me to sound like I care, like I want to be fair.  I want to be your breath of fresh air,  Not the hate you’re shown everywhere.  So show your face on camera,  Even if a tear streams down your cheek.  You’re not weak, never in my eyes.  I see you’re devastated and want to die,  Let me in so I may help inside.  Feel my heart beat on the inside.  I know you think I cheat, I lie.  But truly, I want what’s best for you.  For the sake of us as one.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.  Thy take a breath, thy will see the better.  There’s more to life than cutting, burning, poisoning.  There’s more to crying, hurting, feeling.  I wish you saw what I saw,  The beauty whe...